terms and conditions
The following policy applies to information accessed through our web pages, and email services. Places-of-Distinction.com is managed by Exclusive Travel Network Ltd, 126 Aldersgate Street, London ECIA 4JQ, United Kingdom, registered company number 3876363 VAT GB752129835.
How we collect information:
Every computer connected to the Internet is given a login name and a set of numbers, forming that computer's "Internet Protocol" IP address. When a visitor requests a page from any website within the Exclusive Travel Network Network, our web servers automatically recognize that visitor's login name and IP address. The domain name and IP address do not contain any personal identifying information. We use this information to examine our traffic in aggregate. The information collected is used to improve the content of our web pages, customize content and/or layout for visitors.
What are cookies?
What information do you collect when I Subscribe?
Use of Information Exclusive Travel Network sends a variety of E-letters (email services). You may subscribe or unsubscribe to any of these E-Letters. Exclusive Travel Network also sends Product announcements or special edition E-letters to its subscribers. All emails sent from Exclusive Travel Network provide an opt-out link at the bottom of the email. If you receive one of these emails and wish to unsubscribe, please follow the instructions given in each email, or contact email@example.com
Update/Change your data
Places-of-distinction.com Exclusive Travel Network will disclose personal information when required by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is: 1) required to be disclosed under good accounting practice, or the rules of a listing authority, or by the rules and requirements of any other regulatory body, to law enforcement agents as a result of due process or under Applicable Law.
Affiliated Third Parties Exclusive Travel Network may enter into agreements with affiliated third party companies and investors. In the course of performing these contracts, it may provide the third party partner with information collected on our websites, other than personal data. Exclusive Travel Network also links to a wide variety of other websites and contains advertisements of third parties. We are not responsible for their privacy policies or how they treat information about their visitors.
Security Exclusive Travel Network uses reasonable precautions to keep the information disclosed to us secure. Exclusive Travel Network uses industry-standard encryption technologies when transferring and receiving customer data exchanged with our website. When we transfer and receive customer data, we re-direct customers to a secure server and will notify visitors through a pop-up screen on our website. We have appropriate security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of information we have collected from you.
About Children's Privacy Exclusive Travel Network website is not for use by children. You must be 18 years old to access or use this website.
What else should I know about my privacy when online? When Places-of-distinction.com Exclusive Travel Network embeds third party content into one of it's Exclusive Travel Network web pages, Exclusive Travel Network will use reasonable efforts to advise our users that they have exiting an Places-of-Distinction.com operated website and are entering a third party controlled website.
Copyright and Limitations on Use
The content available through this website (including but not limited to articles, photographs, images, illustrations, audio clips and video clips, software and databases) is the property of Exclusive Travel Network or its licensors and is protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws. This web site is also copyrighted as a collective work under European copyright law. Content received through this website may be displayed, reformatted, and printed for your personal use, only. You agree not to modify, reproduce, retransmit, distribute, disseminate, sell, publish, broadcast or circulate the content received through this website to anyone, including but not limited to others in the same company or organization, without the express prior written consent of Exclusive Travel Network, with this one exception: You may, on an occasional and irregular basis, disseminate an insubstantial portion of content from this website, for a noncommercial purpose, without charge, and transmitted in non-electronic form, to a limited number of individuals, provided You include all copyright and other proprietary rights notices with such portion of the content in the same form in which the notices appear in this website, original source attribution, and the phrase "Used with permission from Places-of-Distinction.com Exclusive Travel Network Ltd." You may not post any content from this website to newsgroups, mail lists or electronic bulletin boards, without the prior written consent of Exclusive Travel Network Ltd.
This website includes facts, views, opinions and recommendations of individuals and organizations deemed of interest. Exclusive Travel Network and its content licensors do not guarantee the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of, or otherwise endorse these facts, views, opinions or recommendations, give tax or investment advice, or advocate the purchase or sale of any security or investment.
Warranties and Liability
Due to the number of sources from which content in this website is obtained, and the inherent hazards of electronic distribution, there may be delays, omissions or inaccuracies in such content and this website. Exclusive Travel Network and its affiliates, agents and licensors cannot and do not warrant the accuracy, completeness, currentness, non-infringement, merchantability or fitness for any particular purpose of the content available through this website, or Exclusive Travel Network itself. Neither Places-of-Distinction.com Exclusive Travel Network nor any of its affiliates, agents or licensors shall be liable to You or anyone else for any loss or damage resulting directly or indirectly from use of this website, caused in whole or part by its negligence or contingencies beyond its control in procuring, compiling, interpreting, reporting or delivering this website and any content through this website. In no event will Exclusive Travel Network, its affiliates, agents or licensors be liable to you or anyone else for any decision made or action taken by you in reliance on such content or this website. Places-ofDistinction.com Exclusive Travel network makes no warranty, express or implied, on behalf of any third party website, product or service offered, sold or otherwise made available to You as a result of your use of this website, and expressly disclaims any implied warranties of non-infringement, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose with respect to such websites, product or services. Your use of this website and all related rights and obligations, shall be governed by the laws of England & Wales, on the basis that your use was a contract wholly entered into and wholly performed. Any legal action or proceeding with respect to this website or any matter related thereto may be brought exclusively in the courts of England & Wales. By using this website, You accept generally and unconditionally the jurisdiction of the aforesaid courts and irrevocably waive any objection to such jurisdiction.
Terms and Conditions of Customer Membership
1. Use of the Website: Licensee may use the Website on the number of stand-alone personal computers set forth in the Exclusive Travel Network order form completed by Licensee prior to receipt of access to the private pages of the Website or a network of up to the same number of terminals (the "User Limit"), provided that all the computers or terminals are located at one Website Access Address set forth in the Exclusive Travel Network order form completed by Licensee prior to receipt of access to the Website (the "Website Access Address"). Licensee must contact Places-of-Distinction.com Exclusive Travel Network if the Website Access Address is to be used by more than the number of computers specified in the original order or at additional Website Access Addresses. Each user ID permits one person to access the Website, and sharing the same ID is not permitted. Subject to the terms and conditions in this Agreement, the Licensee may use the Website to access and read data supplied and may create and print out hard-copy (paper) destination reports or e-mail destination reports, in the format generated by the Website, for the personal use of the Licensee's clients. Licensee is prohibited from making hard-copy destination reports for distribution at any Website other than the address indicated as the Website Access Address. It is not permitted, for instance, to make copies for use by a travel agency whose physical location is different from the Website Access Address, even if that agency is owned, in total or part, by the same party that is licensing the Website. Under the terms of this Agreement, permission to make hard-copy destination reports is restricted to retail travel agents and corporate travel departments. You are to use the Website for legal purposes only. You understand that Exclusive Travel Network has developed the Website through a substantial expenditure of effort, time and money and that any violation by You of this Agreement deprives Exclusive Travel Network of its reasonable expectation of benefits from such investment. Violations of this Agreement will be vigorously pursued by Exclusive Travel Network under Applicable Law.
2. Ownership. The Website is the sole and exclusive property of Places-of-Distinction.com Exclusive Travel Network. The Website, including without limitation, the databases contained therein, is proprietary to Exclusive Travel Network which retains exclusive title to and ownership of the copyright, trademarks, trade secrets and other intellectual property rights in the Website. These rights are protected by the national copyright, trademark, trade secret and other intellectual property laws of the United Kingdom, European and international treaty provisions. You have no ownership rights in the Website. No part of the Website, including without limitation the databases contained therein, may be modified, adapted, copied or distributed in hardcopy or machine-readable form without prior written consent from Exclusive Travel Network. Any copy that you are permitted to make hereunder must contain the same copyright and other proprietary notices that appear on or in the Website. You also agree not to reverse engineer, recompile, disassemble or otherwise attempt to discover the source code of the Website. All rights not expressly granted to you herein are expressly reserved by Exclusive Travel Network. Any other use of the Website by any person or entity is strictly prohibited and a violation of this Agreement. No transfer of the license granted hereunder is permitted without the prior written consent of Exclusive Travel Network and in the event of any permitted transfer the other party must unconditionally accept the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
3. Updates, Modifications and Support: Any future modified versions, upgrades, updates, or additions may from time to time be incorporated by Places-of-Distinction.com Exclusive Travel Network with or without notice to you or breach of this Agreement. The functionality, design or content of the Website may change at any time without notice to you. Exclusive Travel Network will make reasonable efforts to bring changes to your attention. Exclusive Travel Network will provide technical support to the Licensee, via phone or e-mail, for the Website, for the term of this Agreement. Technical support is available Monday through Friday 9AM to 6PM Western European time.
4. Term: The term of this Agreement shall be for one year beginning on the date that the Website Access Address has been made available to the Licensee, and is renewable on an annual basis provided that Licensee continues to comply with all the terms of this Agreement including the payment of any required annual membership. All license fees are non-refundable unless within 7 working days of concluding this contract. All cancellation requests must be in writing and either mailed or faxed to Exclusive Travel Network within 7 days of the original agreement. Cancellation within those 7 days will result in a full refund. Cancellation requests must be signed and include the card account number, as well as a reason for cancelling. The license will be terminated if it is not renewed or if the terms of the license are violated and you have not remedied any violation which has been notified to you.
5. Limited Warranty and Disclaimer, Limitations of Remedies and Damages:
You acknowledge that the Website may not satisfy all your requirements or be free from defects. The Website and any accompanying materials are licensed "as is". All implied warranties and conditions (including any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose) are disclaimed. Excusive Travel Network does not warrant the accuracy of the content of the Website or provide any warranty of accuracy, completeness, timeliness or fitness for any particular use or purpose express or implied. From time to time access to the Website may be interrupted, restricted or delayed for any reason, whether or not the fault of Exclusive Travel Network, without breach of this Agreement. Excusive Travel Network is not responsible for the loss or damage of any of your files or records associated with the Website. Your sole and exclusive remedy for breach of warranty will be the refund of such portion of the Customer Membership licence fee as has not been used. In no event will Exclusive Travel Network or its affiliates be liable to You for any direct damage or loss greater than the value of the unused portion of the Customer Membership licence fee, or for consequential, incidental or indirect damages (including damages for loss of business profits, business interruption, loss of business information, and the like).
6. General Provisions: This Agreement is governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England & Wales, and the parties consent to the jurisdiction of courts of England & Wales with respect to this Agreement.